Finding and Managing Duplicate Records
Duplicate records can cost you a lot of time, money or even a loss of face. That’s the reason why we suggest you to check for duplicates when you import records into BzCRM.
If you have missed that, you can still find out duplicates with the help of duplicate merge feature.
Here’s how to find out duplicates
- Click the desired module to find duplicates in it. Say, Contacts
- In the list view of contacts, hover over and select Find Duplicates
- The selected fields, put-together, are on a mission to trace out records in the current module with identical set of fields. Lookup is done across all records in the selected module to select records that have the same set of fields.
- The list of records that have the same set of fields is traced out and displayed. You can either delete duplicate records or merge them together. Merging is a process of selecting only important information from duplicates and ignoring insignificant information.
- To delete duplicates right away, select desired records and click Delete. To delete, you’ll have to click on checkboxes in the left.
- To merge important information from a set of duplicate records, you’ll need to select duplicate records under Merge Select column and click Merge button next to it. To merge, you’ll need to click on checkboxes in the right.
- The intention is to pick-out important fields from duplicate records; As a result, after the merge, you only have one record with only important information.
- Once you’re finished, click Merge
Finding and Managing Duplicate Records While Importing Records
Finding Duplicates While Importing
You import thousands of records into your BzCRM account. It’s not possible to find out duplicates in your .csv file at a glance and you finally end up importing duplicates, too. That’s the reason why we suggest you to enable duplicate record handling in the step 3 of import process. This will help you segregate duplicates from the list of other records. Not only does it help you in tracing out duplicates, but it also gives you the ability to manage them according to your requirements.
Also, you need to be “heads up” while mapping records in your .csv file with existing contacts and organizations. Here’s a list of quick steps to help you import records successfully without duplicates.