Customer Portal enables self-service to your customers. It is a great media to share information with your customers related to them.
Customer Portal enables self-service to your customers. They can report a Case if you find any issues while using the product. It helps you manage a healthy Customer relationship. It also allows them to view the Knowledge Base (FAQ), Invoice, Quotes, Products, Services, Documents, Contacts, Accounts, Assets, and Projects which are related to him/her and his/her Organization if enabled.
The Administrator can control the fields in the Customer Portal. Also, you can re-arrange the order of the tabs, Enable/Disable the tabs, allocate any user’s profile to control access to fields and designate default assignee to handle the operations on Cases.
Customer Portal Setup and Configuration
With Customer Portal Settings, you can restrict or grant your customers the ability to view modules, fields, and data. Also, you can also configure default case assignee; as a result, tickets generated from Customer Portal will be assigned to the selected user.
Follow few simple steps to configure Customer Portal Plug-in
- Click icon and select Settings
- Click Configuration > Customer Portal
- Set up Customer Portal according to your Organization’s requirements
- Click Save
Portal Configuration Details
|S1. No.||Field Name||Description|
|1.||Portal URL||This is where your customers will log in to access customer portal|
|2.||Default Assignee||Select a user to automatically assign tickets raised by your customers through customer portal|
|3.||Contact Support||A notification regarding the Support contract renewal will be sent to your Notification customer based on the number of days entered in this field. E.g., If the support end date is 22-01-2016 and the notification is set 60 Days Before, then the notification will be displayed 60 days before support end date on the Portal.|
|4.||Login Details||The selected email template will be used to send portal login details. Template|
|5.||Forgot Password||The selected email template will be used to send portal login details Template when customer clicks on forgot password link.|
|6.||CSS URL for Custom theme||Customize the menu bar in the portal. Add CSS file URL here to override the default style|
|7.||Default Scope||Setting to set default view as All/Mine.|
|8.||Home - Portal||Displays the fields that will appear on Customer Portal Dashboard. Home Layout|
|9.||Module Lists||Displays the list of modules that will be viewed by your customers if they are enabled.|
- If default assignee is Group, the status will be set to NEW.
- The Portal Username, password, and Url will appear as a merge tag, if sent via direct email, i.e., Send Email or Add Email feature.
Portal Home Layout
This tab represents the Dashboard, i.e., Homepage of the Portal. You change the look and feel of the Portal layout by enabling the widgets and charts checkboxes that you want it to appear on the portal page from the portal home page.
- Announcement Widget - This widget is a message board on the home page of Portal, that displays the topics of interest that you share with your Portal users. If you leave this widget blank without creating an announcement, it will not appear on the Portal dashboard.
- Charts Widget - This widget represents charts which are to be shown on the Portal dashboard. These are the two charts Open Cases By Priority and Cases Resolution Time By Priority that will be displayed on the Portal dashboard.
- Open Cases By Priority - Plots a Priority vs. Count Pie chart. If the priority is not mentioned, then an empty label is shown.
- Cases Resolution Time By Priority - Plots a Line Chart of Resolved Cases which are grouped by their priority vs. average time taken to resolve them.
- Recent Cases Record Widget - Enabling this widget will display the five recent cases of the Portal user with Title, Status, Description, and link to view them on Portal.
- Portal Shortcuts Widget - This widget shows the shortcuts that are available to Portal User. It includes uploading a document, creating a new case and viewing the open cases.
- Recent Documents Record Widget - Enabling this widget will display the five recent documents created/modified.
- Recent FAQ Record Widget - Enabling this widget will show the five latest FAQ.
Module and Access Control
List of modules that are to be shown to the Portal user. You can enable or disable these modules. Disable the modules that you don’t want your Portal users to have access to it. To reorder the modules menu just drag and drop the module where you want it to place.
Clicking on a module will take the user to Portal fields and privileges.
- Module fields tab - You can set up the module fields which should be available to the Portal User. Click on Add Fields button under the specific module to add the fields that display on the Portal page. Assign the permission - Read only or Read/Write option in the fields.
- Field marked as Read Only will be shown in List view and Detail view on the Portal. Making a field as Read/Write will enable the field in the List view, Detail view, and Edit view.
- The Mandatory fields with “Read/Write” option can be changed to Read-only mode. Hence forth these will not be visible to customers on creating a record from Portal. (Create New or Edit option is available only for Cases, Assets, and Tickets module.)
- If you have added custom fields in layout editor for any module and made it mandatory within CRM, you have to select it manually in the Portal settings and make it Read and Write.
- Enable custom modules for access.
- Records visibility
- Show all records - Enabling this will show Portal user all the records related to him and his Organization of the Selected Module.
- Show only user records - Enabling this will show Portal user only those records that are related to him in that particular module.
- Show Invoices created by all contacts in the organization and its subsidiaries - Enabling this will allow Contacts access records in customer self-service portal based on Organization hierarchy
- Related Information - Information such as History, Comments, Updates, Project task, etc., related to the selected module will be displayed on the Portal if enabled.
- Record Permission - You can set the permission to the Portal user to edit or create a record by enabling the checkbox.
Hosting Customer Portal on Own Website
You can now host self-service customer portal on your website or server. Click here to download the link. After downloading you need to make changes in the config file (web root /portal/config.inc.php).
- $site_URL: CRM instance path
- $CompanyName: This is the page title that appears on the browser tab
- $logoPath: Custom Organization logo with the name and extension as logo.ico has to be placed in the path mentioned here.
Enabling Customer Portal
Customer Portal is a great media to share information with your customers related to them. You can provide Customer Portal access to your customers from Customer Portal block under Contact’s record. While creating a contact in BzCRM, make sure to provide a valid Email ID to which the login credentials, username, and password, will be sent.
Follow few simple steps to grant Customer Portal access.
- Click Contacts from App Menu
- In the create view of new contact record, or edit view of existing record, enable the checkbox Portal User
- Provide Support Start Date and End Date; your customers will only be able to login within span of Support Start and End dates
- Customer Portal login URL, User Name, and Password will be emailed to your customer automatically. A Customer can log in with the details mentioned in the mail.
- Make sure you have configured your Outgoing Server properly.
- Emails will not be sent to your Contact if “Email Opt Out” field is enabled.
- Your customer can only log into customer portal if the current date falls within the range of Support Start Date and Support End Date.
Using the details like Customer Portal URL, username, and password, your customers can readily log into customer portal. Not just that, BzCRM also offers them the flexibility to enjoy following benefits through Customer Portal.
Once your customers have logged in, the Portal layout page would appear as shown below.
- Announcement Widget
- Charts Widget
- Recent Cases Record Widget
- Support notification
- Portal Shortcuts Widget
- Recent FAQ Record Widget
- Global Search bar
The Global Search bar lists all the records that contain the keyword specified in the search bar.
- If you want your Company logo to appear on the Portal, go to Settings > CRM Settings > Templates > Company Details in BzCRM and change the company logo.
- Global Search doesn’t support Date & Time field, Time field, and Currency field
Your customers can set up a desired password after successfully logging into the Customer Portal.
Follow few simple steps to update password:
- Click on the Profile icon present in the top right corner.
- Select Change password.
- In the popup, provide the password details.
- Click on Submit.
If your customers have any issues concerning the Product that was purchased from you, they can report problems by creating a Case through Customer Portal.
Create New Case
- Click Cases tab
- Click on New Case to start creating a new case or an issue.
- In the Create Case view, fill in the necessary information
- Click Save
Close Open Case
Cases can be closed by the Contact who created the Case. Else, it can also be closed by the owner of the Case record.
- Select the Case from the list view.
- In the detail view of the Case, click on Mark as Closed button to close the Case.
The status of the closed case will be automatically updated to Closed. Creating comments will be disabled once the Case is closed.
- Clicking on Mine button in Cases section will show up all the Cases related to that Contact.
- Clicking on All button in Cases section will show up all the Cases related to that Contact and his Organization.
- A customer can create a Case by clicking on New Case button.
- To sort the present Cases by Status click on All Cases drop-down.
- Clicking on >Export Cases
- Clicking on a particular Case, your customer can see the detail view of the Case, where he can add comments, updates and also attach documents.
- Your customers can even edit a particular Case by just clicking on Edit Case button present on top right corner.
- The Cases generated by customers will be populated in Cases module in BzCRM.
- In the detail view of a case, customers and Case owner can communicate through comments.
- Email notifications will be sent to Case owner and contact when Case is created, Comments are exchanged, or Case is closed.
- Your customer can also attach files to the system. These files can be viewed in the Documents section of the detail view of Case record.
- Case owner will even have powers to close the Case by changing the Status to Closed by clicking on “Mark as closed” button.
Create New Ticket
- Click Tickets tab
- Click on New Ticket to start creating a new case or an issue.
- In the Create Ticket view, fill in the necessary information
- Click Save
Close Open Ticket
Tickets can be closed by the Contact who created the ticket. Else, it can also be closed by the user that was assigned the ticket with.
- Select the ticket from the list view.
- In the detail view of the ticket, click on Mark as Closed button to close the ticket.
The status of the tickets closed will be automatically updated to Closed. Creating comments will be disabled once the ticket is closed.
- Clicking on Mine button in Tickets section will show up all the tickets related to that Contact.
- Clicking on All button in Tickets section will show up all the tickets related to that Contact and his Organization.
- A customer can create a ticket by clicking on New Ticket button.
- To sort the existing tickets by Status click on All Tickets drop-down.
- Clicking on Export Tickets button will export all the tickets into .csv format.
- Clicking on a particular ticket, your customer can see the detail view of the ticket, where he can add comments, updates and also attach documents.
- Your customers can even edit a particular ticket by just clicking on Edit Ticket button present in the top right corner.
- The tickets generated by customers will be populated in Tickets module in BzCRM.
- In the detail view of a case, customers and ticket owner can communicate through comments.
- Email notifications will be sent to ticket owner and contact when Ticket is created, Comments are exchanged, or Ticket is closed.
- Your customer can also attach files to the system. These files can be viewed in the Documents section of the detail view of Ticket record.
- Ticket owner will even have powers to close the ticket by changing the Status to Closed by clicking on “Mark as closed” button.
The FAQs related to the logged-in Contact’s Organization which are set as Published can be viewed by your customers in this section. They can enter the keyword in the Search here tab, to find all the related FAQs to that keyword.
All the documents that are related to the logged in contact will be displayed in Documents tab. Clicking on a particular document will display the detail view of that document. Click on the Download button in the list view or detail view of a specific document to download it.
- Click Documents tab to view the list of documents that are related to the Contact.
- Click on Add Document button to add a document.
- Click on the file name to download the attachment.
Your customers can also attach a document from the Tickets and Project section. These documents will appear under the Documents section in Portal and also will be updated in the CRM.
Displays the Projects that are directly related to the Logged-in contact.
Clicking on the project name will take your customers to the detail view where they can view the Project Tasks, Project Milestones, Project Documents, updates and comments that are related to the project.
- From the detail view of the Project, your customers can attach document related to the Project by clicking on Attach document to this project button.
- Clicking on a particular Project Task or Project Milestone will re-direct them to the details view of it.
- They can even add a comment to the Project and Project Task.
Displays the Assets that are related to the Organization of the logged-in contact. Clicking on the Asset Name will take you to detail view of the Asset. To edit an Asset, click on the Edit Asset button.
Notice! A customer can accept the Quote from the Portal by clicking on Accept Quote button in the detail view of the Quote record which cannot be changed further.
Note! The customers can only view the Invoices, Quotes, Products, Projects and Service
Contracts related to them.
Add CSS file in Customer Portal to enhance your Customer Self-service Portal page.